DUI (Driving Under the Influence) is a severe offense. If you are charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or DUI, then it is important that you consult a competent lawyer. A legal help may assist you in various ways. A lawyer may be able to save you from getting punished or at least reduce the severity of punishment. In many cases, the DUI advocates help in reducing the jail sentence (in case of serious crimes).
As the rate of crime is soaring high, the DUI laws are becoming more and more strict. The driving penalties range from a short term jail sentence to loss of job. It may also result in payment of a heavy fine. If caught, you may lose your license. All this would adversely affect your future. To avoid such situations, it is always advisable to drive within the safety limits. Otherwise, you would have to consult an advocate who can help you, if you get caught in a DUI offense.
A DUI lawyer can help you in the following ways:
- A DUI lawyer can give you some valuable guidance, when you are arrested under a DUI charge. He can even help reduce the punishment to some extent. If your DUI lawyer has adequate experience, then you may escape from the punishment in its entirety.
- Since the DUI lawyer knows the pros and cons of the situation, he can guide you to freedom. For this, selecting a competent DUI lawyer is essential. Any and every lawyer cannot do such miracles. They are restricted by their knowledge and experience. Therefore, be very careful while selecting a DUI Lawyer.
- In some cases, a charge may be brought against someone who is innocent. In such a case, the help of a DUI lawyer is indispensable. He will analyze the situation and bring out the factual details to prove your innocence. For this, make sure to contact the right person. If your DUI lawyer is efficient, he can easily prove your innocence. Or else, you will see yourself on the other side of the bars in no time.
- A DUI lawyer can also establish your innocence by proving that the level of intoxication was within the permitted limit. You cannot prove that yourself. You need the help of a criminal defense lawyer to confirm your innocence. A DUI lawyer is also called a criminal defense lawyer since driving under the influence of drug is a crime, and a criminal defense lawyer solves it (though he/she is someone who specializes in DUI cases).
- The law varies from one state to another. A competent DUI lawyer can crack the case easily, since he will be well versed with the DUI laws, and the regulations concerning alcohol consumption and driving under its influence, in various states.