If you have a Glen Burnie Auto Accident, what should you do? Here are some helpful Do’s and Do Not’s if you have had a Glen Burnie Auto Accident, or anywhere else.
1. Do’s if you are involved in a Glen Burnie Auto Accident.
* Stay calm if you are in a Glen Burnie Auto Accident. It may require tremendous willpower, but getting angry with the other driver will accomplish nothing.
* Please be absolutely sure it is safe to exit your vehicle. If necessary, get out on the passenger side, or stay in your automobile until the police arrive.
* Check for injuries. If you, anyone in your car, or the other car are injured, call for medical assistance immediately.
* Keep a disposable camera in your glove compartment for this very situation. Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle, and the other vehicle(s).
* Wait for the police and/or medical personnel, and file a Glen Burnie Auto Accident report with the police department.
* When making the report to the police be truthful, but let them decide who was at fault.
* Trade information from the other driver involved in the accident: such as name, address, make and model of vehicle, license plate number and insurance information.
* Ask witnesses for their name, address and telephone numbers.
* Contact your insurance company as soon as possible
2. Do Not’s if you are involved in a Glen Burnie Auto Accident.
* Do not delay medical attention if you have been in a Glen Burnie Auto Accident. If you are hurt, or even think you are, seek medical attention immediately. Waiting too long could be a fatal mistake. Let a doctor decide if it is safe for you to go home, or back to work.
* Do not give any statements to the other driver’s insurance company without legal representation; at the very least have them contact your insurance company.
* Do not wait to have a thorough damage estimate done on your vehicle. The estimate should include the cost of repairing your vehicle with new parts and labor.
* Do not accept a fast settlement from the other driver’s insurance company.
3. Keep a cool head if you are in a Glen Burnie Auto Accident.
Keeping calm after a Glen Burnie Auto Accident will prevent you from making rash statements.
Staying calm throughout the investigation and the long settlement process will work out better for you in long run, and you will avoid making costly mistakes.
4. Do you need an Attorney from a Glen Burnie Auto Accident?
It depends on how your Glen Burnie Auto Accident is being handled. If you feel your insurance company is not looking out for your best interests, then you should hire an attorney to represent you. The lawyer you hire works for you, is experienced in these matters, and will work to protect you and your family after a Glen Burnie Auto Accident.
Get help from the top Glen Burnie Auto Accident lawyers for legal advice in accident cases. For trusted advice visit workerscompensationbaltimore.com